Dairy, egg, meat free. Can be gluten-free if you like.
Unhealthy made more healthy (or even very healthy) is my favorite kind of cooking.
I shared with you a recipe for burgers and banana pancakes. Now the time has come for a falafel tex-mex style. It takes max 25 mins to prepare and is a real delight! It is inspired by Jamie Oliver’s falafel recipe and our love for tex-mex food.
Ingredients (4 servings):
– 1 can red beans,
– 1 can any other beans,
– fresh coriander,
– a lime (optional),
– cherry tomatoes,
– 1 clove of garlic,
– 2 peppers of different color,
– spring onions/1-2 onions,
– avocado (plus optionally coriander, onion, tomato, garlic),
– soybeans (optional),
– lots and lots of olive oil,
– corn tortillas.
1. Preheat the oven to whatever temperature is needed for your corn tortillas.
2. In a food processor blend beans (without their liquid), olive oil, coriander, juice from 1/2 lime).
3. Add 3-4 full tablespoons of flour and mix.
4. Form chops and fry them on medium heat until crispy on the outside (but with soft inside).
5. On another pan preheat olive oil add peppers and spring onions. Season with salt and pepper if you like.
6. Blend cherry tomatoes with garlic to get a delicious salsa.
7. Put corn tortilla to the oven.
8. On another pan fry green beans until they soften a bit (olive oil again). Season with salt and pepper if you like.
9. Avocado – can be just halved and served for everyone to take bits of it with a spoon. If you have time and will go for homemade guacamole (food processor: avocado, fresh coriander, 1 garlic clove, 1/4 onion, half of a big tomato, big lug of olive oil).